About Me

My photo
Hi all, my name is Carol, I am a stay at home mum based in Wiltshire. I have been married to Chris for 21 years and have a little boy of 9. I have enjoyed card making for approx 9 years, and my passion is stamping. Hope you enjoy my blog

Pages

Sunday 25 July 2010

Lovely jubbly candles

This is my first proper attempt at making candles, and was really pleased with the outcome, I tried making some at christmas but it was all done a bit rushed and they didn't turn out so good, Connors teachers were really chuffed with these ones ;0)

If you dont know how they are mad its quite simple, stamp your image on tissue paper (the type you get in shoe boxes, colour in and cut out (doesn't have to be too accurate) place onto your candle, I normally put a tiny bit of glue stick on candle to hold image in place. Wrap some greaseproof paper around candle and heat your image with heat tool.....DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE AND OVER HEAT!!!! or you end up with a waxy mess :) the image should gently melt into wax as soon as this is done remove heat and VOILA!!!!! cheap lovely present.

HAPPY CANDLE MAKING ;0)

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! I think I over-melted my attempts at Christmas but I will have another go. Love the inked labels too - nice touch.

    Ger x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by today, and hope you enjoyed my blog.....I appreciate every single comment that is left x